As a Loliposh consignor, you get to choose how to price your items.
This guide was created for the purpose of providing a starting point and reference if needed. Not all items you sell will be on this list. We recommend using Google Shopping and Ebay to gauge market prices for second hand items.
You can also visit the manufacturers websites to determine approximate retail value if you are unsure what you originally paid. Remember, this guide is for your reference. You are NOT required to price your items according to this list. Pricing is your decision. A great consignment rule of thumb is 25-40% of what you paid for the item (depending on brand name and condition of item).
Consignors Golden Rule: Don't sell what you wouldn't buy!
Our goal is to put $$$ in your pocket and not have to take your items back home. You are certainly welcome to price your items as you see best fit for you.
Here are some tips and guidelines we hope you might find useful:
- Price your items as if you were the buyer and not the seller. Ask yourself, "How much would I pay for this USED item?"
- Clothing is best priced at 1/4 to 1/3 of the retail price. Keep in mind the brand/label of your clothing and price accordingly.
- When selecting your price for the item, think of the very least you would consider taking for it and that should be your price. If you can’t take half that amount, then do not select the half price option for that item. Do not let the half price issue affect your regular selling price because it simply makes the regular selling price too high.
- Package similar items together for quicker sale. For example, match a top with a bottom, similar theme/age books, etc.
- Price low those items you prefer not to take home with you.
- Consider this a great opportunity to clean out closets and kid’s rooms. Do not let your time and energy go to waste by not selling everything you put in the sale. Price it to sell!